The last few days I have been slowly making progress towards a finish on this quilt. Originally I was thinking I could be done in time and have something to enter into the fair this summer, but right now I'm not so sure. All those points to match, what was I thinking? I'm sure it would be a great entry, but I already know there are a few that did not line up--mostly with the peaky angles to the square in square blocks. I hate it when they are off.
Here are most of the blue fabrics that I used in the quilt. I did have a few others that I used in the other parts:
Seeing that I have two empty spots in my rows, I think I lost one grouping somewhere. I have looked all over, but haven't found those HSTs yet. I did have to make 16 more. (ha! I just counted the rows in this picture, sure enough I should have had 27 groups... at this point I hadn't used up all of one group yet).
All ready to sew into the blocks:
I took this photo with my phone... so out of focus! I didn't realize how out of focus it was until I emailed it to myself to put into my photos on my computer.
I have 14 more blocks to make.
I will need to make its own post on this, but I have gotten back into sewing clothing again. Over the years I have played with the notion of getting a serger, Kevin told me to go for it a couple of weeks ago...
After initially being nervous over using it, I enjoy it a lot. I still don't quite know where to place my fabrics (or where I SHOULD be), and I definitely don't know all the different things I can do with it, but I have made two tops with it already with the initial settings.... and I love it!
And, full disclosure, I got back to my Mackinac quilt because I had parts laying on a couple of tables that I didn't want to lose while sewing tops :) So now I put myself on notice: no clothing sewing until I finish up at least the quilt top. Almost there! :)