Well, I am guessing that this will be my final finish of the year. I am mixed on this quilt. I received the Hexometry pattern in a Quilty Box, and I did have fun with it. I needed to cut more hexagons so I used up some Cotton + Steel fabrics (a FQ pack that I bought a couple of years ago) that were in the same colors. I ended up using the leftovers for the backing fabric.
It is a lap-throw size, all washed up and snuggly. I'm planning to send this one off to a niece in the next week (Edit: just mailed off this afternoon!).
I did have some issues with quilting in a circle and had to rip out sections of quilting when I found the backing was gathered in spots. I'm not exactly sure what happened with this project.... for whatever reason I had issues from the start to the finish with hand sewing the binding. I think sometimes some fabrics just have different feels and sew differently. This one was a lot of trouble--which I'm glad that I've used up nearly ever bit of the Cotton+Steel fat quarters that I had in this line.
I took some outdoors pictures, I think the colors look close to the indoor shots...
Happy Christmas and New Year!