Sunday, November 6, 2016
Fun fact.... one of the red dyes decided to "catch" in a few of the white shirting fabrics. I always find this interesting when this happens to some whites but not others. I did not have any pink background fabrics in my quilt, but now I do... I'm ok with that.
I arranged some quilts in my hallway. I have been really lazy lately in hanging anything new, and have had bare walls for a few years. The blue star quilt was going to be for the doll quilt exchange, but I changed my mind and went with something else. I blogged about it last year (you can find the post in my 2015 finishes tab). The black and red quilt was from an ebay auction of 1880's blocks. I finished it up years ago. It's wavy, and I love it. The painting was from my grandma, it was a house that she grew up in at Wagner Mill Pond in Monroe, WA.
the other wall (we need to remove that old thermostat, but haven't gotten around to it yet). The first quilt was one I received from the 2015 doll quilt exchange. I love it. It says Friends are the sunshine of my life in embroidery. Next is a fall harvest panel that I cut up and spaced in an attic windows view. And the last was a doll quilt exchange quilt I received this year. It is looking very fall-ish in my hallway right now. I need to get working on some Christmas and winter quilts next!
Linking up here: http://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2016/11/quilters-madder-linky-party-add-yours.html