Sunday, September 11, 2016

Gwennie Inspired Medallion PT 4: Stars

I finally had a chance to work on the QAL this last week.  I am not sure if I am going to leave the stars round like this and add on the next theme to the other two sides or if I will continue.  I'm letting it just sit.

Pt 4: Medallion QAL

My yellow stars are not where I initially meant for them to be... rats.  So much for trying to be both intentional and time saving at the same time :)

Next theme is "Something Fishy".  hmmmm... lutefisk anyone?  blech.  I am actually considering something sea-worthy that fits with my genealogical project this seems to have become (at least with my grandma's pies round and now the nordic stars for my mom).  Anyway, we'll let it simmer with ideas for a few days.

Linking up here: http://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2016/09/gwennie-inspired-medallion-round-4.html

5 comments:

  1. Your's looks great. I gave up after round 2. :( I have the notes and the fabrics but I didn't start our right with the Gwennie inspiration. Maybe I'll work on it again one day. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it is based on your Genealogy. Following your Journey. I didn't Start this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stories behind these quilts. Love your colorway too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! And something fishy is stumping me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss all these posts about this quilt? Its turning out really lovely. I enjoyed reading your inspirations for each round. Now I'm off to read about the QAL.

    ReplyDelete