Friday, August 26, 2016

Splendid Sampler

Tonight I finished up my 6th row for my Splendid Sampler quilt.  I'm not sure sure how many total rows I am going to do, but for sure I will at least have 8 rows of 8.

46 Twirl Time


50 Flights Of Fancy

Bee Happy: I decided to paper piece this one so I made alterations.  It also ended up facing the other direction, but that's ok.
51 Bee Happy

This is the latest block: At Home Anywhere.  Again, I drafted this one into a paper pieced pattern...  I am still on my applique and embroidery break.  When I saw this block I thought right away of a painting I have from my grandma.
56 At home Anywhere

This is the home where she grew up, and the chicken house next to it.  My mom used to tell me stories of visiting "Little Grandma".  When they butchered the chickens, her siblings would watch as they ran around headless.  She said the rooster was the worst as he was really mean.
56 At Home Anywhere

Another fun story mom would tell is that her grandma wanted to redo a portion of the house.  Her grandfather came home to her tearing into a wall, and cutting down what ended up being a bearing wall.  I can imagine this as I have felt the same at times in regards to home projects!

All my guys are gone to a scouting event. I have one more free day of sewing and no cooking left!

3 comments:

  1. I know how mean the roosters are. My grandpa chopped one of their heads of and I saw it running around too. Great blocks. Glad you're having a Stay-cation retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blocks and what a great story about the chicken house. Yep, that is one memory of chickens I have! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great. I am paper piecing the bee too. It was easy to alter the epp lines to paper pieced. Wish I knew how to do that to the house.....that was an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete