Friday, July 1, 2016

GFG: Row 5/9

This row has taken me soooooo long to do!  I am hoping that now I am over halfway finished, I will talk myself into working more diligently on it.  My procrastination brain takes over with this quilt.  I love how it is coming along... I just need to keep taking "one more stitch".

Row 5/9 completed

At the last retreat I went to, there were two GFG quilt tops that were finished.  Both were completed within 1-2 years of starting--and they were HUGE (as in, they would flow over the sides of a queen sized bed nearly to the floor!).  I really admire those that can work on projects that take this much commitment to the end.  Part of my problem was having a hard time with deciding what layout I would do, but honestly I get quilters ADD and move on, putting it away for a while and come back later.  Thinking about it, I wouldn't have done this quilt any other way (considering it has kept me company during some stressful times over the years).

Anyway, four more rows and I think I am going to add another ring of grey around the edges.

7 comments:

  1. So, How many years have you put into yours? It's looks good with the gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started this one in 2001, around the time that hospital visits for my dad became very frequent. Parts of this quilt have been just about everywhere with me.

      Delete
  2. It looks awesome! Just keep plugging along and it will get done. I haven't made much progress on mine and I didn't even have to make the blocks, just sew them together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you taken any recent pics? You should send me an email with what you have done so far.

      Delete
    2. No recent pics. I will have to get them out, haven't worked on them for awhile!

      Delete
    3. No recent pics. I will have to get them out, haven't worked on them for awhile!

      Delete
  3. It looks wonderful. There is nothing wrong with taking your time! You have made great progress just by getting it out and working on it again. It helped that I had a 6 year old that wanted hers before she turned 7. LOL

    ReplyDelete