Monday, July 11, 2016

Field Day and Bordered Diamonds Updates

I finished up my Field Day quilt top, the pattern from the collection of Kaufman's Kona Color of the Year: Highlight.  I made it larger with borders and now I await backing fabric.  I could piece some together, but I opted to search out some wide backing instead.  I love the top!  For the color pop at the bottom, I used the Kona fabrics I won two years ago from the Row By Row.  It was perfect for this, and no using the same color twice.

Field Day

Field Day

Next, I am trying to figure out a border arrangement for the Bordered Diamonds top.  I am about 2" off, so I will need to do something intentional for the corners.  We'll see what I come up with.  I can't decide if I like the streak of lightning in the pink fabric, or using it along the edges.  I will likely make the other two sides (since the flying geese rows aren't sewn together yet) and then make the decision.  Right now I am sort of preferring the pink lightning down the center.
Bordered Diamonds

Bordered Diamonds

The binding will also be the pink fabric (if that makes a difference in which you prefer).

and then there's this....
Gordon

I walked into the living room to grab my camera and found Gordon in one of his contortions. I'm surprised he hasn't totally tangled himself up :) His smile makes me laugh...


3 comments:

  1. I love the Yellow with the Colors on the bottom. That went together fast! YES, on the Pink Lightning. It adds to the look. Smiling, sleeping Dog, too Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got back from the retreat, I will admit that it took me longer than it should have to finish up the sections with the other colors. That was a perfect retreat project because I could talk and sew up the squares. I found it boring to do by myself :)

      Delete
  2. Your Field Day is great! Nice job. Funny dog!

    ReplyDelete