Friday, July 15, 2016

Clara's Stars, a New Project

I thought I'd report on my latest project that I finally started this week. Instead of two different block of the weeks, Primitive Gatherings decided to lose their minds and have three options for a Block of the Week this summer! I am still not done with my BOW from two summers ago (to do the final border or not...), and although I bought last year's wool version as a BOW, I never started it. I love their pieced version this year, but I decided instead to do option #3, Clara's Stars. It is an English paper pieced project and I think I lost my own mind when I decided to go for it (my hexie quilt is lingering!). I think this week marks week 5, so that meant two days ago I was 5 weeks behind as once again I hadn't even started the project yet. But after I saw this great pile of 29 finished blocks from another quilter on our "secret" facebook page, I decided to start basting. I finished up week 1 and am about halfway finished with week 2, but I still need to baste the background and triangle pieces.

Clara's Stars, Primitive Gathering SBOW

We are sent 50 different repro fabrics each week for the diamonds and triangles... after 12 weeks, that is a huge variety!  After I get a few done, I'll snap another picture altogether.

I'm taking a breather from the Splendid Sampler for a bit.  I'm waiting for another pieced block to pop up!

6 comments:

  1. Hand stitching again! You are to be commended or committed, lol. Have fun with it. Is it spendy to get the Monthly bundles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need to be committed somewhere :) I think it is more expensive to do it weekly so I purchased outright before it began. Now I'm questioning if the setting triangle was a part of the initial purchase or not because I didn't receive that template or paper pieces. I was thinking about it this morning that it is going to be challenging for me if I have to hand piece the setting triangles without it being done EPP style. I am going to have to figure out a solution depending on the answer I get back from Primitive Gatherings. Seems strange not to include that part of the quilt.

      Delete
    2. I can't believe that project! WOW!!!! That is a ton of work! I can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  2. Oh Mel! I love it!!! If I hadn't already started kitting for my next hexi project, I would jump in the water with you!!
    I took a break from Splendid Sampler and now I'm back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats gonna be an amazing quilt! I just bought EPP papers for the Smitten quilt today at work. It looks a little easier than La Passagalia (which i really want to do) so I'm gonna start with it.

    I'm hoping this weeks Splendid block is a pieced one! We all can have our fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL the SBOWs this year, but only had time and $$ for one. I'm doing the wool version and it's super fun too. I know I'll be sorry I didn't do the others! Good job on your progress...just keep stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete