Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Fixed....

Not one who can leave things alone... or, after much thought...
Before:
Before

After:
After

I decided that I needed to attempt to turn the Mariner's compass so it was going the right way.  I very carefully ripped out the center and then realigned where the seams needed to be.  The block is starched enough it could probably stand on its own :)  But it's together.  Not perfect, but it's turned the correct way now.

As for the Seahawks "feathers"... Those will just be left.  Kevin called them "gun sights".  Sigh....

7 comments:

  1. It does look better. Sometimes it just has to be done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I couldn't stop thinking about it, I know it was time :)

      Delete
  2. No fun to fix, but good that you took the time to turn it right. I don't know what the feathers were supposed to look like so if Kevin calls them Gun sights, that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like the feather things, I guess they are on the seahawks uniform (I haven't paid attention to that I guess). If I had more of the background fabric, I might have redone them. Who knows though... give me time! LOL!

      Delete
    2. on second thought, I am going to start calling them "goalposts"! LOL! They look sort of like that :)

      Delete
  3. Maybe that's why some of us (me) end up with all the UFO's piled up. If something's not right we battle with ourselves about redoing it. I just took a border off of a huge quilt, at least it's now back to a point that I love it again. Your quilt looks fabulous. "Goalposts" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. I can think of many UFOs that are just sitting in my bin because of that reason. I'm hoping over time I can either live with it or re-do whatever is wrong.

      Delete