Monday, May 30, 2016

Progress on Evergreen State BOM

I am down to just needing one more block to have the majority of this top completed!  Yah!  There is another pieced border that is a part of the pattern, but because this top has so many bias pieces (I think nearly every block), I am going to skip that and just do some strips.   I am glad to see the light at the end of this quilt because I am out of some of the fabrics... I was searching through my scrap pile a couple of times to see if I had pieces that would work!

Evergreen State BOM Progress
My poor Mariner's compass is turned so the wrong points are at the top (oh well), and the feather things next to it lost 1/4" in size because of trying to figure out a different solution than the instructions (again, oh well).

I think my two favorites are the ferry and coffee cup blocks. The windows in that ferry block are teeny!  The block itself is 12" finished, and the windows are probably 1/4" for the top and middle rows.

Evergreen State BOM Progress

5 comments:

  1. The blocks look awesome. I would never have known that about the compass block! That is a lot of pieces in that ferry block. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking great. I like the mix of piecing and prints, and the colors go together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job, Mel. The compass would be perfect if it was on point. I think this setting would work for our WASIQ Blocks. Put the Wasiq Tree in the large space. How many days until Retreat??? I'm counting them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I put it together, instead of attaching the curved sections together while in quarters, I waited until the end. When I lined up the points to the seams of the outside curve, I wasn't paying attention so the wrong points were matched. sigh. I can't make another without buying more fabric... which I'm not opposed to :) but I have already spent too much on this quilt as it is. I could also rip, but I'm afraid it will stretch pretty badly out of shape since it's so large. I'll just leave it.

      23? I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. That is quite an impressive quilt.

    ReplyDelete