Friday, May 6, 2016

Flower Garden Progress

In the only recent sewing I have done in a month.... this afternoon I finally finished sewing my fourth row to my flower garden quilt.  I did some math and so far I have sewn 998 hexagons together into the quilt top.  Unless I decide to add more that the single grey side border (top of the pic), I will end up with 2233 hexagons to make up the quilt.  I am nearly to the halfway point!
Flower Garden
I did take the part that I was working on with me to California when we were cleaning up my inlaws' home to put on the market, but I ended up only making a little bit of progress.  Since then I have wavering between not feeling well and not wanting to sew, to sewing a little bit.  I did work on one block from The Splendid Sampler, but I am currently 7 blocks behind in that project too.  I just haven't felt like sitting at my machine.  I have a feeling that springtime allergies is what's draining me.
Flower Garden

My sister in law found this fun quilt (she tried to give it to me, but I told her to keep it since it is by her grandmother).  It was hard to get the correct color for the red, but the back was a lot of fun to look at.  Taking a peek behind some popped seams, it has a blanket as batting.
1940/50/60's, Family Quilt

1940/50/60's, Family Quilt

1940/50/60's, Family Quilt

1940/50/60's, Family Quilt

I think it's a variation on the Churn Dash.  There are fabrics from the 40's through I think the early 60's, including some feedsack prints.  It is full of scrappy goodness!

Family Quilt

4 comments:

  1. Your GFG is looking so awesome! I have made a little progress on setting mine together, but not a lot! What a cool family treasure on the quilt, funky and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling too tired to sew for months. It seems like most of what I get done happens at retreats or sewing groups. Then I come home and collapse in the recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting behind is frustrating. I know the feeling of clearing out a Loved ones house. We are still dealing with stuff my DH brought home. They are just things, but so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting behind is frustrating. I know the feeling of clearing out a Loved ones house. We are still dealing with stuff my DH brought home. They are just things, but so many memories.

    ReplyDelete