Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Splendid Sampler, First Seven

I am currently now all caught up on the first seven blocks of this 100 block project by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson.  At first I balked at the thought of brushed cottons and flannels for this huge project, but I decided why not?  Flannels don't have to be only used as a backing or for simple designs.  There are considerations to remember when using flannel (like washing first as rule 1), but the softness can't be beat.

Here are my first seven altogether, and then below that are the four that I finished up yesterday.

Splendid Sampler first seven

#6 Focal Point
Splendid Sampler 6 focal point

#5 Simple Simon
Splendid Sampler 5 simple simon

#4 Happy Happy
Splendid Samper 4 happy happy

#3 Lots of Love
Splendid Sampler 3 lots of love

5 comments:

  1. Your fabrics are beautiful Melissa. I briefly considered joining this project, like maybe 30 seconds. Since I really, really want to finish some quilts that have languished for years I opted out. It's fun to watch others though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hearts and the happy dot flowers. Way to catch up, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Mel! Like Janet (who is a long time friend of mine) I considered it only briefly. I like your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like Janet, I really wanted to focus on finishes but unlike Janet, I am weak and jumped right in to this project. :) I love that you chose flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing this sampler too! I;m having fun making and personalizing the blocks. You are brave for going with some flannels....there are some itty bitty pieces! Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete