Friday, January 22, 2016

GFG: Final Layout

At first I was referring back to an older layout idea I saved in my hexagon folder at flickr, but I quickly found out that I needed to shorten the side otherwise I would have to make another 10 sets.  I really want to finish this quilt, and 75 blocks is it!

So I came up with these two:
GFG: Final Layout

GFG: Final Layout

The only differences are the edges. Overall I prefer the second one, so that is the one I am going with. I have all my blocks clipped together by row, and now it's time to start adding the grey and creating the rows.

I plan to add grey around the edges as well, and maybe another ring of hexies around that. We'll see how I feel when I get to that point.  I told Kevin last night that this quilt is NOT going to be handquilted, definitely by machine!  Sorry for any people who feel hand piecing like this should be hand quilted, but I really want to enjoy this quilt in my lifetime.

3 comments:

  1. You made a lot of Hexies. I like the layout with the triangles between. Your carpet looks like the path, lol. I agree that Machine quilting is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to see your Allietare (brava! I'm working on my borders finally) - and got to see this wonderful treat, too! I love hexies. You have terrific colors here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to see your Allietare (brava! I'm working on my borders finally) - and got to see this wonderful treat, too! I love hexies. You have terrific colors here.

    ReplyDelete