Thursday, August 27, 2015

Fair Results!

There are some great quilts at the fair this year, I don't know what I'll do next year to compete... I'll come up with something!  We were going to go tomorrow, but we are supposed to have a very rainy weekend this weekend (THANK YOU LORD!), so we decided to go this evening.  I hadn't seen any results yet, but I had a dream last night that my quilt ended up with a third place ribbon overall.  I was sad (they do the Dutch judging system based on standards, and also American for the top).  What a dream... the funny part though was the rosette ribbon (for third!) had a push button in the center and it played a song :)  Can you even imagine? LOL!


Evergreen State Fair, 2015
I was a Class winner again this year!!  I was very excited.  This year my quilt wasn't fully displayed like my Jane quilt was last year, but they placed it near another Orca Bay!  So cool to see the differences.  I changed my layout regarding the dark and light Ohio Stars (the other orca bay shows the layout that Bonnie Hunter wrote up in her pattern).

Evergreen State Fair, 2015

I loved this bench, made by the Stanwood FFA group:
Evergreen State Fair, 2015
Go WSU Cougs!

And then we put the boys in hamster balls into a pool and laughed :)
Evergreen State Fair, 2015
Evergreen State Fair, 2015

We had fun, and now my feet hurt.  I've been using a fitbit since July and right now my goal is 7000 steps a day.  I've been able to make that goal usually, and in a couple of weeks I plan to up it by another 1000.  Today I surpassed that to over 10,000.  If standing and waiting counted with the steps, that'd be awesome since we did a lot of that!   I'm scheduled to do a goal challenge with my friend Julie tomorrow, I hope I make it :)

I'd love a foot massage right now.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Glad you didn't get your dream ribbon that had a push button. The purple one is much nicer! I'm up dreaming of how we will display our Quilts at our fair. Nice to see this display. Were there a lot of quilts, so they couldn't spread them out as far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I don't get email notifications when you comment Mary, so I do hope you'll see my reply here! There were more quilts this year than last year I believe. It seemed like there were more pictorial type of quilts vs bed size. I think the majority of bed size (double and queen) were on the wall that mine was, and in front of these was a row of smaller quilts hanging back to back higher up. Down the center were also quilts hanging facing the entrance (again, back to back) high up--but those were not bed sized like they were last year. The other side of the barn had wall and smaller quilts. Last year they had quilts folded in a center covered display, but I don't recall if quilts were in there this year or if it was knitted or crotched works.

      Isn't that funny about a push button ribbon? :) Someone should make that! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your ribbon! So funny your quilt was next to another Orca Bay...I love your layout changes. I love my Fitbit!! Helps keep me motivated to make that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stared and stared and couldn't put my finger on what the difference in these quilts were. And as soon as I read what you did, the light bulb came on bright. LOl
    Congratulations! I have never entered a quilt in the fair but when the kiddos were young, I entered all the school clothes I made for them. I wonder where those ribbons are. hmm Love the hamster balls. How fun for the boys!! You need a bench like that one. How handy is Kevin???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My niece worked on/created a trailer when she was in FFA, I need to get her on making me one of those benches! :)

      This was only my second entry, I hate the judging part which is why I have avoided judged contests... I've never enjoyed "putting myself out there", but the ribbons are such a pleasant surprise!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the ribbons. You do beautiful work. We have a super limited display area so very little of most quilts actually show. It's kind of distressing. You will probably win on the goal challenge. I am only 56% there and it's almost 5 PM! Those balls on the water look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! :) Its a beautiful quilt and a much deserved win.

    ReplyDelete