Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Dulling My Joy?

I always thought the phrase was harshing my mellow :)  Anyway....

A study came across my screen a couple of days ago and it gave me pause.  Article: Your pain reliever may also be diminishing your joy I have been having tooth pain for the better part of five years.  It started off as a dull, tired feeling, but as of the past year and a half it has been sensitive to cold and hot--as a shooting pain that makes my toes curl and tears up my eyes.  I have been dealing with it by taking tylenol mainly.  The dentist I used to go to never came up with a plan and it frustrated me to no end.  I finally had enough in December and called a new dentist (after a ton of research).  She suggested two plans, one was a bite adjustment and the other was a root canal.  We started with the bite adjustment and it actually did feel better after about a week... but then the pain came back.  I finally called about the referral and today I finally had the root canal done.  It went perfectly with zero pain.

So now, back to the article.... Could Tylenol have been dulling my creative joy? I have had such a hard time lately even feeling motivated for much of anything.  I am going to test that hypothesis and stay off of the acetaminophen for a month and see if the dullness goes away or if I am just a dull person in general :)

______________________________________________
Now to add some pretty pictures.  We got back on Tuesday from a short vacation to Ocean Shores, WA.  We arrived to warmish weather and no wind.  Day two it poured down rain, but by the evening the rain stopped and we were able to visit the beach again. I also got some great pictures.  The last day had some rain, but started off with sun.  It was a nice way to end.

We boarded our dog and boy was he happy when I came to pick him up.  Also the cat (who we left alone for two nights) was like glue to my side.  The last picture shows the buddies together again.  Enjoy.


Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA
Water spout or squall?  It was there for a long time.

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA
Final blast

Mini vacation to Ocean Shores, WA
Reunited

2 comments:

  1. I try not to take any OTC meds every day. I use Aleve rather than Tylenol. It's easier on the Kindeys, I hear. Glad you got a good root canal, hope it takes care of the problem. Never heard of one that was painless. Pretty Ocean pics! nice get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you get your mojo back! I love sunsets at the beach. Looks like you a good one.

    ReplyDelete