Friday, December 26, 2014

SBOW #13

Finally... I am mostly finished with block 13.  I still need to add on the flower blossoms once it is attached to the quilt top.  At this point I need to finish sewing the middle row which this block is a part of (13 is the center of the quilt), and then start attaching the pieces that extend from the original blocks.  Hopefully that won't take me long, but seeing that my "block of the week" has turned into a 7 month project, there's no telling when I'll be done.
SBOW 13

Block 13 is suppose to have the quilt maker's initials in the center of the ring, but I decided to add my cat instead since she was such a huge part of my life. Losing Gracie this past September has really left a hole in my heart.  I decided to honor her in this quilt.

This weekend I plan to sew up the rows and then get started with the applique that needs to be added.  I am unsure if I am going to add the final border of applique as well, but I will decide that after I am done with the block steps first.  The pieced borders are all ready to be attached now as well (I finished up all that sewing while on retreat in September! Whew!  A lot of four patches to be sewn!).

No comments:

Post a Comment