Sunday, October 12, 2014

Two Finishes

I finished up the repair quilt tonight, including a soak in Quilt Wash.  I don't really think it helped get a stain out though.  I am going to leave the rest up to the owner, I am really not sure what else you'd attempt to get out a yellowed stain.

Before:
Repair Finished, stain before soaking

After:
Repair Finished, stain after soaking

Binding:
Repair Finished
In the end I decided to cut away the old binding and attach the new in a French fold binding.  I am happy with how it came out, and the corners came out very nice.  I attempted to practice the other method on a small practice square and it turned out pretty terrible.


And finally part three is finished with my stitch along.  The reds made my camera go crazy!  I had to redo two sides and when I reattached it, I realized that the flying geese weren't going around in the same direction. Sigh.  I'm not ripping and redoing again.  I have part four ready to go, maybe I will get to it next week.
SAL: Part 3

2 comments:

  1. You did a great Job. I use Oxy-clean and BIZ on my Whites. Did you try pinning the color catcher onto the stain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas! I am going to pass that along to the owner! I hadn't even thought about pinning a color catcher to it.

      Delete