Saturday, August 16, 2014

SBOW: Block Three finished

Last weekend while I had a lot of alone time since all the guys were away at scout camp I had a lot of uninterrupted time to work on a few projects.  One of which was sewing together the backgrounds for the eight blocks (at the time, I have since received a new kit) needing to be worked on for the Summer Block of the Week (Sunflower Gatherings) from Primitive Gatherings (check out the link if you haven't already--isn't it gorgeous? She has a finished series of pictures of it, but I didn't dig too far on the site for it).  It was great to get in the groove and get all the four patches sewn and backgrounds prepared, now all I need to do is cut the wool for applique which tends to go much quicker for me.

SBOW: block 3

Last night I cut and fused down the applique for the block 3, and tonight I am all finished until I get the alternate blocks sewn (it has two more flowers to attach beyond the original background block).  I have a retreat coming up in September, and I am thinking that will be my main project to work on.  The "pink" flowers are actually more red.

Maybe before I receive the kit for block #12 this coming week, I can finish another block!  I started this project 4 weeks after it began, so I was already behind... but I have to admit that I am enjoying the process right now.  After finishing up Folk Art Album, I did not want to look at more wool applique... but this pattern grabbed me, so here I am.  It would be a miracle to finish it in 2014 :)

2 comments:

  1. It's positively gorgeous! I have a goal of finished FAA in August!!! I also have to quilt the wedding quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful block. I really like this one! Its gonna be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete