Saturday, August 16, 2014

Old Post: 1/5/2013 Finished Easy Street Mystery

***Note, this is from my first blog which got overtaken by a spam virus, and I ended up shutting it down.  This morning while reading through Feedly (where I read my blogs), I discovered when clicking on my old blog (I never unsubscribed my old blog) I could pull up old posts.  I am thrilled because now I can place certain posts here and save them.  I will have this note on top of any post that is from my old blog****
_________________________________________
**update to note, this is not a favorite quilt.  It is finished and one of my sons did claim it, so at least it's being put to good use**
Easy Street
I am glad that this was a mystery because I’m not sure I would have tackled it after seeing the finished quilts–mainly because it looks pretty intimidating. I like brights, but I’m not sure my finished top is as successful as other fabric combinations that I’ve seen.
block section
So I am wondering if the various colors would be enough in regards to looking like just a bunch of fabric thrown together. I converted the picture to sepia to see the values happening:
sepia
If I were color blind, I wouldn’t find this quilt very interesting regardless of having over 2000 pieces in it.
I like the pic my iphone took:
2110+ pieces later....
no flash.
And with one of flickr’s app filters:
Untitled
I like that one, probably because I like oranges in quilts.
Either way the top is finished and with it up on my wall I should probably prepared a backing for it while the opportunity is there. I don’t know if I will start quilting it right away however.
I’d really like to start Orca Bay now. I am clearly a glutton…

Finished quilts displayed at a quilt retreat in Leavenworth, 2013:
easy street
What a huge difference the fabric makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment