Monday, June 23, 2014

What I'm Working On

I actually have a few projects underway, but now that summer has hit, I tend to like to have some sort of hand project in the works.  I suppose I could have pulled out my grandmother's flower garden blocks, but where's the fun in that? I need another UFO, right?  Primitive Gatherings has its 10 Anniversary Stitch Along (SAL) open, and I decided to jump in.  I'm not quite sure how the SAL works, how many blocks will be in this quilt and when the new blocks will post, but I am now mostly done with the first block:
10th Anniversary SAL

I still have the leaves to attach and stitch the last 6 flower centers. Link to Lisa Bongean's blog, the SAL link with pattern is in a button on the top right side of the page.

I had a little confusion about another quilt that she recently also posted about.  I thought the one I'm working on above was it, but when she posted a picture of the final quilt, I found that this block was not in it.  So guess who decided to purchase that Sunflower Block of the Week (SBOW) project too?  Here is a link to that post: http://lisabongean.com/2014/06/19/the-wool-sbow-finishedsummer-gatherings/  I dare you not to fall in love with that one!

I wasn't sure if I would purchase any other wool projects because of having the dye leave many of the wools in my Folk Art Album quilt, but I decided to go ahead and do both projects knowing full well that washing won't be in either quilts futures--plus I will add that to the labels.

Unwashed top:
Folk Art Album--Finished Top!

So that's my update.  I still need to quilt on the kaleidoscope quilt, I am about a third of the way done.  My plan of doing a row a day hasn't been working out so well.  This is typical of summer for me.  It gets very warm in my quilt room, and sitting at the machine doesn't sound very inviting.  However, I found a small table top fan that I've seen others use at various quilt retreats, and in using it, quilting is much more enjoyable in that warm room.

No comments:

Post a Comment