Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

My dad passed away in 2002.  It doesn't seem like it was that long ago--and then it seems like it has been forever.  Father's Day and Mother's Day seem kind of like just another day of the week, but it is nice to remember our parents if there are fond memories to recall.  My childhood was pretty good, I was blessed with loving parents and really I couldn't ask for anything more.

My brother, sister and I with Dad.  I love looking back at old pictures and seeing how much things have changed.  That dirt road (that used to just lead to someone's driveway) is now a through street, and paved.
Untitled-Scanned-51

My dad was a lineman with Seattle City Light and Snohomish County PUD, back in the days when linemen still actually climbed poles.
Scanned-06 (2)



My maternal grandpa.  I loved him, he was a funny, funny character.  The stories he would tell are very missed.  He had a great sense of humor.  Grandpa Olson passed away in 1985 when I was 15, during heart surgery.  I had a first date with someone who would become my first real boyfriend that evening.  We were on the Space Needle observation deck when he passed away.  My dad's own dad was someone who really wasn't a kind person, so my Grandpa Olson became someone he really looked up to.  I wouldn't say he was a replacement dad, but I'm sure it was along those lines.
Grandpa, Dad

At the cabin on Lake Roesiger in Snohomish.  I remember those swim trunks like yesterday, I don't think he ever bought a new, updated pair.  At least until the 90's hit. This pic was taken in the early 70's.
Untitled-Scanned-41


Putting up the lights.  I miss that house in Edmonds.  I drive by occasionally, and it has changed a lot.  It is now on its 2nd owner since Mom sold it in 2003 before she passed away.
Untitled-Scanned-15

Happy Father's Day to the man that could fix anything and was a superhero in my eyes. Picture from a year or so before Dad passed away:
Happy Birthday Mom!

I realize I never posted anything on Mother's Day, which was unintentional.  Maybe next year I will post my walk down memory lane with the woman I love and miss so much.  Dad was my superhero, Mom was my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment