Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Project

First, let me say that it is a pain in the rear to have two different gmail accounts (my normal email is run through gmail even though the domain is different).  I am so tired of gmail being connected with everything that google acquires!!  I am frustrated with automatically being signed out of my email when I want to simply create a blog post.  And don't even get me started on youtube and the connection with g+.  I am wondering if I can just deactivate my g+ account and not even have to deal with it.  ARGH!  Google is VERY FRUSTRATING right now.

On to a new quilt that will be a gift.
Trying to decide if I am going to be happy with the outcome of this quilt--or if I am being too critical.  What I had to go on was teal and light browns/earth tones.  I found the Stonehenge fabrics by Northcott to have some great earthy browns.  I ended up buying fq packs and yardage (ton of...) of teal.  Overall the fq packs (I bought "Sandstone", "Tree Bark", and "Copper Penny" packs from The Fat Quarter Shop) were good for variety, but unfortunately I made some wrong cuts and had to buy more... For the amount invested, I am feeling a bit disappointed.

Picture with a flash and no other lights on, a little washed out.
unnamed new project

So for the amount of mediums and darks vs lights, I had to change around the fabric placement.  I originally had a different plan in my first test block (top left corner), but I am pretty much done with buying fabrics for a while.  For the light parts, I had a variety of cream batiks.

I'll keep plugging away, but with Kevin not seeming too excited about it, I'm not sure how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. It looks Southwestern. I like that the tri recs that make that ellipsoidal shape between the stars. Sorry Google is giving you fits. I only have a Yahoo account and use it for E-mail and the Blog, but with different passwords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it, although I can see what you mean about the washed out look. However I love the effect. How about using a darker turquoise thread for quilting in the teal? The browns are great.

    ReplyDelete