Saturday, May 10, 2014

Kaleidoscope Progress

I finished all 63 blocks for the kaleidoscope in progress.  I am already planning another but I may put that idea aside for a little bit since I am a bit tired of sewing those triangles.  Time for something different.

kaleidoscope progress

I am trying to figure out the quilting on this one--not as easy as I was hoping.  I don't want to do in the ditch lines, and I've already nixed doing circles.  I'd like to do something a little less expected but in all my searches I am finding the ideas hard to come by.

Next up for this one is to get the blocks sewn together and then find a backing fabric.  I'll probably have it totally finished in a couple of weeks.  This one already has a future home too.  I find it so much easier to finish projects when I know where it is going to go when finished.  Maybe that's why I have a harder time finishing up my UFOS?  Anyone else have this problem?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! How about wavy lines? Of course on a frame it might not work out doing diagonally like I envision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fast! It looks really good. I'm terrible at coming up with quilt designs.....usually scour the net like you've done.

    ReplyDelete