Friday, January 3, 2014

My UFO List

I decided that I need to figure out what I am going to do with the unfinished projects I have put aside for various reasons.  So, I made a list while going through two bins.  I am positive I have others, but I am not sure where they would be.  Here's the list:
UFO List
1. Orca Bay: ready to quilt
2. Ocean Waves: ready to quilt
3. Starry Nights top
4. Civil War Sampler top
5. Hippy Circles: top, may need more
6. Snail Trail: square top, may need more
7. Color block star wallhanging: top
8. WASIQ block exchange 1: top
9. WASIQ block exchange blocks: many! 9.5” enough for at least two quilts
10. Christmas scrappy String-X top: top needs length
11. Chicken Round robin: top may need a few borders
12. 12 crown of thorns cat blocks
13. Older (early 1900's) appliqued tulips: top
14. Older (early 1900's) blue Pineapple Cactus: top
15. Ugly Fabric Challenge: blocks
16. Ugly Fabric Challenge wallhanging: top or add to it
17. Misc. orphan blocks: enough for a top, but they don't really go together
18. 4 large blue and yellow 3-D geese blocks
19. Wonky Lone Star: partially together
20. Kuna Mola blocks: 11
21. Amish Ohio Stars: 12, 12” black background
22. QFT Square in Square signature blocks: 19, 5”
23. Friendship stars: 6.5” along with some split rail blocks
24. 1999 QFT HST Signatures: top
25. Disappearing 9 patch: top, may need more
26. Trip Around the Garden/World: top, needs one more round
27. Stars and Stripes Sampler: 1-2 blocks done
28. Grandmother’s Garden, 18 baskets, one flower.  Maybe just finish baskets
29. 17 SWAN swap blocks: 12.5”
30. Small Baskets applique: 12 blocks, 4 finished 7”
31. 2 Tulip wallhangings: top, take apart make 1?
32. Tulip quilt wallhanging: partially quilted, not squared but binding attached. Unquilt add to other tulip wallhangings?
33. QFT Christmas ornaments signature swap:  abt 4.5”
34. WASIQ hatchet block signature swap blocks: abt 4.5”
35. Daniel photo top: kind of ugly, take apart?
36. Tea pot wallhanging: top
37. Satin 1 patch quilt top
38. Blue house wallhanging: top
39. Asian slice and dice wallhanging: top
40. Star/applique border wallhanging: fons and porter I think.  Cute
41. Adoption quilt blocks: top, could add more to make a kid’s quilt
42. Christmas/angels wallhanging: top
43. Partially handquilted Ohio Star wallhanging
44. Hoffman challenge fabric wallhanging: top
45. Pink background, wedding ring: top, either wallhanging or make larger with other blocks
46. Sawtooth Stars, baby quilt size: top
47. Tea cup iron on top with Mary Engelbrieght fabrics wallhanging: top cute
48. Batik Stars?: top, fullsize to queen size
49. Batik WASIQ round robin: top large, full size
50. Outer space: top, kid bed sized
51. Town Square Sampler (Eleanor Burns): top bedsize
52. Baltimore Album Blocks:12” 9 finished, 3 in process
53. Old Glory: one or two appliqued blocks finished
54. Cats in my Garden: one block finished, one started (embroidery)
55. Love is a Work of Heart Applique quilt with Deb, Julie, Nikki: 9 blocks
56. Hexagons, grandmothers flower garden: layout not yet decided, 49 flower blocks

Since making this list, I have taken #31 and 32 and am attempting to work them all into one quilt.  The problem is that I painted the blue fabric I used for the background, and I am out.  I am putting pieces together to try and work it out.  If I get this together, I can edit those two numbers into one and maybe a quick finish.  Of this list, I could probably make quick finishes of at least 6 items.  Some things have just sat in the bins for so long because I wasn't sure if they were done, or like my Jane quilt, I got tired of it.

I will revisit this list every month or so and see if I can't get stuff marked off.  I didn't bother adding some of the junkie stuff I tossed out.  My quilting has sure changed over the years!

4 comments:

  1. You make me feel better. My goal this year is to get at least one UFO done a month. Good luck with your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my goal as well. I'm not ambitious enough to finish them all up this year--probably not even half! but my goal originally was 1 a month.

      Delete
  2. My list would take more time to make than to finish a UFO. I just pick 12 or so to work on every year and try to get a few off the dreaded never been out of the tote stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! It took me a little bit to sort through what I had, that's for sure. I still think I am missing some, but I haven't searched all the nooks and crannies--just my obvious bins I knew had projects within :)

      Delete