Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Field of Tulips Quilt

I attached 352 squares along two edges to add some width.  I like how this quilt is coming along, but currently I need to add about 20" more to make it closer to a queen-sized quilt (my goal for this one).  I will be adding a single row of squares along the top and bottom as well (making the length 92"), but I am currently trying to decide what to do about the width.

Fields of Tulips

One thing I am considering is looking through my UFO bins for some blocks that would fit and are of a flower theme to add for width.  Or, I am considering making a single block style (maybe as a 9" block) to put on either side.  I was thinking a traditional block, not too fancy... maybe like a churn dash or something along those lines.  I was also considering some type of pieced flower block as well that could be used.

OR..... What about windmill blocks to give it a more "Dutch" feel? hmmmmmmm....... Now I will have to search for a somewhat simple windmill block that I could do several of without too much difficulty.

This seemingly simple and easy quilt has had a ton of re-do's, undo's, etc... I'm surprised I can still do my math :)

3 comments:

  1. I think windmills are such a clever idea! ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is telling you something new today. Have fun, Here the link to Quilter's cache. http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picture on point pinwheels to give that windmill look! I love the checkerboard added to the rest of the pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete